Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 19, 2012

Bibliomaniac on a Shopping Spree

     First of all, I want to welcome my new followers! I look forward to interacting with all of you.  I love how the blogging community allows us to connect with people we otherwise wouldn't meet.  I also want to apologize for not posting in a while.  If you saw Spring Break Day 1, I was on vacation in Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati. The next few posts will probably focus on that trip so I hope you don't get too bored...

       The first two days were spent in Florence, KY. I hate to admit it but I went on a small  medium sized shopping spree.  Garden Ridge, was my first stop after Cody went to "work."  Garden Ridge is a discount chain that sells books, clothes, crafts, furniture and so much more. I maintained a level of self control so I went on to Half Price Books, where I actually managed to walk out without anything.  Don't worry though... we'll come back to that.  From there I went to The Book Rack.  If you haven't been to one, check it out. They have stores everywhere. The store sells used books and also buys them.  This particular store was going out of business so I managed to get quite a few books for my classroom library - CHEAP.  Including two newish copies of The Hunger Games.  I might as well mention now I'm a closet bibliomaniac.  I'll try to get a picture of all the books I got on this trip and you'll see this fact for yourself....


      I spent a little while at the Florence Mall.  The Florence Y'all water tower is pictured above.  Supposedly the water tower originally said Florence Mall, but the development took too long and the developers were required to not display "Florence Mall" when there was none.  They painted over the vertical lines of the M and created a landmark along the interstate.  I spent way too much money at one of my favorite stores Torrid. I won't go into how much just in case my husband reads this.  



     In the midst of having a shopping high, I decided I better do some homework so I went to the local Barnes and Noble. I actually got some work done in my graduate class.  I'm taking a course on the Renaissance by the way.  As a reward I had a lovely Caramel Frappuccino.  I always feel quilty using the "free" internet and not buying anything.    

     I did get to do some "cultural" activities that I hope to get to soon... Homework is calling though. I should be reading Cardano's Cosmos for my class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets