Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DonorsChoose: Get What You Need for Your Classroom

Ever have a project or lesson that you'd love to do, but just don't have the resources, supplies, etc that you need? Well, I run into that all the time. Two years ago, as a newbie teacher, I came across donorschoose.org  Since then, I have had 22 projects funded. I've written projects for simple things like pencils, colored pencils, paper, ink, etc. I've also gotten some BIG ticket items such as an iPad 2, 4 iPod Touches, a laptop, and a printer.

It's fairly simple. You sign up for an account and add a picture.  Then you write a project for whatever you are needing/wanting.  You can even do a project for a speaker or a field trip.  Once your project is approved, anyone can donate to your project (as little as a $1).  When your project is funded your students will write thank you notes to the donors who meet the requirements. You will also need to upload photos of your students using your donated supplies.

Check it out! If you decide to write a project, let me know. I would love to help you work toward your project. If you are already on donorschoose, please feel free to post your link or offer any suggestions.

The First iPod Touch my classroom received.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets