Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Meet the Teacher

The Basics:
My name is Joy and I'm a junior high Social Studies teacher in North Mississippi.  I've been teaching for two and 1/2 years. At first I just taught seventh grade World History, but this year I started teaching sixth grade Eastern Hemisphere (basically World History but focusing on North and South America) as well.  I became a Mrs. the summer after I graduated from Mississippi State University (GO DAWGS!) we've been married almost 3 years (together 6).  I'm currently working on my Master's Degree in History through an online program at Western Kentucky University.  I am also fortunate enough to have a wonderful teaching intern this semester.

I'm a VERY random person. I can not really say what you can expect from this blog, but I will post pictures of crafts (classroom and non classroom related), teacher ideas, and random musings.  If I get too off topic, I won't mind if you try to reign me in.  Like I tell my husband, "I'm a teacher. I can't help it."  Keep me on task :)

Life Outside of Teaching: 
Is there one? When I'm not in "teacher mode," I have a ton of interests. I'll probably leave some out but here are some of the main ones: photography, NASCAR (cars, racing, automobilia in general), Sports - more specifically SEC/MSU college sports, Crafts, Rocketry, History, Music, Movies (aka the "usual).  

October 2006 at Talladega Super Speedway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets